Re: what prime lens for ACL?

Eclair ACL Discussion and Support

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Get a low APR NextCard Visa in 30 seconds!
    1.  Fill in the brief application
    2.  Receive approval decision within 30 seconds
    3.  Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro or 9.99% Ongoing APR and no
annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://www.bcentral.com/listbot/NextCard

----- Original Message ----- From: Alex Ryle & Pam Bray To: EclairACL@listbot.com Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2001 5:24 PM
 Subject: Re: what prime lens for ACL?

Eclair ACL Discussion and Support ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hi Folks

 If you're shooting for TV, I recommend the Schneider 10mm T2, built for the Arri.  You can pick one up quite cheap, and it *almost* covers super16.  For blowup, it probably wouldn't be any good (I wouldn't risk it anyhow), but on TK copies, I've never seen any vignetting.
 I also use the Kinoptic 5.7, but only because I accidentally bought one a couple of years ago!
 Kind Regards
 Alex

 The 16mm Camera Book lists a hierarchy of sharpness
 1. Schneider at the bottom
 2. Cooke Kinetal, better, but not good enough for sharpness
 3. Zeiss Superspeeds -- the best, although some cameramen dislike them because of flare.

 The original commentary from Popular or Modern Photography is similar.