normal 16mm format

Eclair ACL Discussion and Support

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Start Your Own FREE Email List at http://www.listbot.com/links/joinlb

Hi, everyone

As a filmmaker who's been shooting mostly 35mm features, I've always felt
that shooting 16mm is a lot less stressful economically and easier on the
back carrying all that 35mm film around. I've shot documentaries in Europe
on 5 thousand dollar budgets that would be impossible to make in 35mm. I'm
planning to put my ACL to good use now that I've purchased one. I'm
intrigued by the number of people shooting Super 16. Why so much emphasis
for shooting Super 16 when it's an all around headache to work with Super
16. The processing, telecine, printing, editing, projection -- all these
problems to deal with just to end up with a bit sharper picture. Is it all
worth it?

Cordially

Vic