 From: Super16ACL@aol.com [mailto:Super16ACL@aol.com]
 Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 1:32 AM
 To: EclairACL@listbot.com
 Subject: Re: A-minima, and R vrs S-16

 Eclair ACL Discussion and Support

--

 ListBot Sponsor
 Get a low APR NextCard Visa in 30 seconds!
 1. Fill in the brief application
 3. Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro or 9.99% Ongoing APR and no annual fee!
 Apply NOW!
 http://www.bcentral.com/listbot/NextCard

--

 I would guess that the A-minima is probably meant to keep folks that are
 currently doing higher budget TV-type work in Super-16 from switching to

 I've blown up to 35mm from Regular-16 and from Super-16. There is
absolutely
 no comparison. It isn't merely a matter of "a little more shapness."  It
is
 the difference between something that looks excellent versus something
that
 looks inferior. The extra 46% image area makes all the difference in the
 world. It will be equally important in HDTV.