Eclair ACL tech in Philadelphia?

Eclair ACL Discussion and Support

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Start Your Own FREE Email List at http://www.listbot.com/links/joinlb

Hi all.  I'm glad I found this forum.

I've scraped up wuite a bit of info on the ACL over the past few years, but this is the first time I've seen a gathering of dedicated users. I've been wanting an ACL for some time now... it sure seems to be a great camera and underrated, too!

Anyway, I'm finally in a position to buy an ACL. If the deal goes through I will fly to Philadephia to pick it up. But before I get there I want a qualified tech to look it over carefully, test it, and if there are no problems, service it with a clean, lube, and adjust.

Is there anyone that can do this in the Philadelphia area?

Also, the camera would come with a 9.5-95mm Angenieux lens, T/2.8. I've heard this lens can be a little soft. Would a collimation help or am I better off sending one of my 12-120s to the tech to collimate to the camera? I have plenty of c-mount lenses, including a few 12-120s, a 15-150, a 12.5-75, a 25/0.95, a computar 12.5-75/1.2 (excellent lens, by the way, for $50!!!), and a non-RX switar 10mm/1.6. Sorry, just had to brag.

Finally, how much would I expect to pay for a 24fps crystal motor, and how much for a heavy duty one that also has variable speed?

Anyway, any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks.

Marc