From: "Marc Syp" <mpsyp@hotmail.com>
To: EclairACL@listbot.com
Subject: Re: Very Nice!
Date: Mon, Jul 9, 2001, 3:37 PM

Eclair ACL Discussion and Support

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Start Your Own FREE Email List at http://www.listbot.com/links/joinlb

From: "Julian Williamson" <julian3rd@earthlink.net>

I have not used the Nikon glass on an ACL, primarily because 35mm glass,
designed to cover a larger image circle, does not go as "wide" as glass
designed for 16mm...  I shoot with lenses as wide as 5.7mm...

Yeah... I have a Switar 10mm that I love to shoot with.  I would love a
5.7mm.  As an aside, how does a 10mm Switar + a Wiko .42X Wide angle adapter
compare to an Ang. or Kinoptic equivalent?  Is it even in the same ballpark?

Anyway, I figured that if a Nikon zoom had better optics than many of the
older Angies, it would be good to have a medium-range (35-80mm) Nikkor in my
camera bag.

Chris, to answer your questions, the back-focus issue is taken care of by
the mount adapter (Nikon -> C Mount) because C-mount has a much deeper
flange distance.  I would guess that the smaller Nikkors with the adapter
would certainly not be heavier than an Angie 12-120 or 15-150.

But has anyone tested a newer generation Nikkor against an Angie 12-120 or a
Zeiss 10-100?

Marc S.