magazine light seal

I need some advice. I need to replace a light seal on one of my mags. It's the rubber seal on the throat of the mag that goes around the outside of the pressure plate. It's some sort of rectangular shaped O-ring. Has anybody had success replacing one of these? Can one use an off the shelf O-ring? If so what size? I have two mags where the seals have dried out and need replacement.
Thanks,
Ray