Re: Eclair ACL

I never thought about this. I've only loaded my ACL once, and did so with emulsion-side-in film. What I did was flip the spool over so that the film did a 180 going into the light trap. This would mean that the film supply spindle would turn the opposite way as it's supposed to... but I didn't had any problems. I notice that in the instruction manual there is a dotted line that looks as if it could be an indication of doing it my way... is that right? Anyway, how does everyone else deal with this... special order? Respool film, emulsion side out? Or just flip it over and do it my way?

Thanks.

Marc S.

From: ocularmagic@yahoo.com
To: EclairACL@topica.com
Subject: Eclair ACL
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:42:28 -0800 (PST)

I have a quick question, when I load my ACL it seems
that the film needs to be wound emulsion side out on
the core for it to face the right direction while it
goes through the mag.  But the film I just ordered
from Kodak only came emulsion side in.  Am I loading
the camera wrong somehow because it seems that most
film comes wound emulsion side in.  If not, how do any
of you deal with this dilemma?  Rewind the film on a
different core so the emulsion side is out?  Please
let me know.  Thanks in advance.

James

http://personals.yahoo.com