RE: Eclair ACL Battery Options

Sounds like a good idea to me.  No reason why the XLRs couldn't
support a set of AAs so long as the XLRs are mounted firmly.
Can you get a panel mount 4XLR that is not recessed?  It could
protrude from the battery pack, which would allow the pack to hug the
camera, reducing the leverage on the connector.

Wade K. Ramsey, DP
Dept. of Cinema & Video Production
Bob Jones University
Greenville, SC 29614

cinesota@yahoo.com 11/16/01 3:31:54 PM >>>
Hi Warren,
What if I mounted female xlr socket into the case itself and just plugged it directly into the male xlr on the pilotone module? Do you

think the xlr connector is robust enough to handle it?  The batteries

are pretty small and not very heavy.

Ray

Warren wrote:
NP-1's are pretty big. They're what, 8 inches long? The little batteries
you built are much like mine, only I used 10 1.2v NiMh batteries
giving
me
12v, you used 12 giving you 14.4v.  You've got a little more juice,
but
mine
work fine.  I also have an XLR pigtail coming off my batteries.

When I change mags, I take the batteries off the mags (they're
velcroed
on)
and let 'em dangle for a minute.  They don't get in the way.  I
have a
good
stress relief on the battery, and XL connectors are solid, so the pigtail
can easily take the strain of hanging for a minute.  No problem,
really.
justs used some zip cord for the cable.

Warren Yeager, SOC