RE: Eclair ACL Battery Options

I'll give it a try. You can remove the front portion of a Neutrik connector and use it as panel mount with a lock screw at the back. Cheap and it works pretty good. Does anyone know what size thread the Neutrik connectors use? I've have a hard time finding a lock nut to fit them. This is an ongoing project for me. I will keep you posted on how it goes.
-Ray

Wade Ramsey wrote:
Sounds like a good idea to me.  No reason why the XLRs couldn't
support a set of AAs so long as the XLRs are mounted firmly.
Can you get a panel mount 4XLR that is not recessed?  It could
protrude from the battery pack, which would allow the pack to hug the
camera, reducing the leverage on the connector.

Wade K. Ramsey, DP
Dept. of Cinema & Video Production
Bob Jones University
Greenville, SC 29614