Re: Eclair ACL Need help! Jaeger connectors

There is a way, but tricky to disassemble the Jaeger connector.

Once you have "sprung" the locking ring that enables you to unscrew the
strain relief on the connectors, you are a little closer.

Then, with a very small set of needle nose pliers, you can grip the front
half of each individual pin (NOT the side that's soldered) -- slowly wiggle
this back and forth (being careful not to bend the pin) and you can push it
THROUGH the flexible rubber that holds the four pins, inside the connector.
You must do this one pin at a time, and you must do it very carefully, or
you will bend the pin.  I bent several learning how to do this, but I've
gotten better at it now.

Then you can solder the new wire on, one pin at a time, and force each
individual pin through the flexible rubber inside the connector.  There is a
metal lip on each pin that holds it at the proper depth in the connector.
You must strip only a very small amount of the outer rubber of the new wire,
or the wires will be exposed after you reassemble the connector.

i was hoping somebody knew a better way, but since no one has responded,
this is how I've done it so far.

Good luck

Julian