Re: Eclair ACL Need help! Jaeger connectors

I've used a 12 volt 1 amp DC transformer once or twice with no problem.

I don't know the fine details about PAL, but with NTSC, even though the nominal frame rate is supposedly 30 fps, it is really 29.97 fps. Therefore to eliminate the roll it is necessary to use a 29.97 fps crystal, not 30. Is PAL exactly 25 fps?, or is it fractionally different -- if so, that would explain your problem. I bet Clive Tobin at www.TobinCinemaSystems.com would know. Clive has also built a new multi-speed motor for the ACL. It's not inexpensive, but hopefully it works.

Mark.