Eclair ACL 25fps speed problem

Nicolas,
It's unlikely to be your crystal and I still suspect your motor. The procedure you are using for measuring 24fps isn't nearly as precise as the procedure you are using to measure 25fps so you can't compare your results. How accurate is your measuring device for your projector? If it can only measure to one tenth of a frame accuracy per second, that's not going to be close enough to test for true precision. The best option would be to have the frame rate for both 24 and 25 tested with a crystal locked speed checker. All you need is a crystal locked bulb that will flash at an exact 24 or 25fps. Mark a rotating part of your suspect motor with a chinagraph pencil and illuminate it with the speed checker. If it's precise you'll see a static fan tailed effect. If it's out of sync the fan tail will seem to move back and forth.

Regards

Robert

That's what I was afraid of. But you know what, it's strange because I know
the 24 fps speed (using the corresponding crystal) to be right. (I have a
little electronic device conceived for measuring the speed of projectors
that counts the shutter openings in one second and shows that number divided
by two - because projectors usually have double shutters - and that gives me
a perfect 24/2=12. But I can't use that trick for 25 because it doesn't show
tenths of images). Could it be my 25 fps crystal that doesn't output the
right pulsation ? Then all I would need would be a new 25 fps crystal...

Nicolas Rey