New Crystal Motor for the Eclair ACL

I've corrected the first two pages of the Spare Parts manual. Every page should be accessible now.

Meanwhile I'd appreciate some feedback on design for a new motor for the ACL which will be available on my web site next year. I've finally got a manufacture date from the designer, and I'm told it will be ready for sale in March of next year.

The spec is as follows:
The motor and electronics have been designed specifically for the ACL. It will fit onto the ACL in the same way as your existing motor (side drive). The motor comes with an adaptor plate that is screwed in place of your current motor adaptor plate, the motor can therefore be quickly locked down and removed in the field. The motor is roughly the same size as the original heavier duty ACL motor. It weighs approximately 1 lb, runs completely silently, drawing approx 1.4amps at 12v with a full 400ft load. Running speeds are 16, 24, 25, 32, 40, 50fps crystal. The motor has auto mirror positioning, on/off switch, sync lamp, battery indicator, a 12volt XLR input and will also allow power to be drawn from the original ACL base Jaeger connector. The price will be $1300.

Although running speeds can become a major issue, it would be interesting to hear if the majority of potential buyers would prefer any alternate running speeds. They type of on/off switch, and position of indicators preferred would also be useful feedback.

Would users prefer to maintain their existing base unit, or would everyone rather use the industry standard 12volt XLR / Canon adaptor that would be fitted to the motor? Of course, with the tripod thread placed in the embase unit, removing it completely would mean finding an alternative method to mounting your camera, but if you have no embase units (like my own ACL) it will make little difference.

Any feedback on this forum would be appreciated. For any advance ordering information please e-mail rob@movie-house.com

By the way, if anyone is wondering about the Movie House impending closing, we've shifted completely to new products and accessories only. The last of our camera kits are being auctioned on Ebay and we will no longer be dealing in camera packages except by proxy.

So if anyone is looking for an Eclair 35mm Cameflex on the cheap, try this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1303020633

Regards

Robert Latimer

www.movie-house.com