RE: Eclair ACL DIY Conversions

Hi Phill,
As I understand it the Beaulieu R16 is impossible to convert to super 16 due to the fact that the camera movement would interfere with the widening of the gate. The guillotine shutter rides on rails and the wider S16 gate would cut into the rail assembly. Add to the fact that you will need a new wider mirrored shutter and god knows what else and you have a camera that can't be converted. You run into the same problem with the Arriflex M and S cameras.

Cheers,
Ray

pmjbacon@netscape.net wrote:
I am even considering converting a Beaulieu R16 by way of a pre-cursor. That is unless I find a fundamental problem with such a conversion, perhaps Ray knows something of this?
                   Best Wishes
Phill