RE: Eclair ACL Digest for EclairACL@topica.com, issue 96

Most of the Cameflex noise originates from the standard 16mm pin and the slapback inside the magazines. I'm going to remove the 16mm pull down claw, take out all extraneous moving parts and rollers, replace as much as I can with spring loaded mechanisms and line the interior of the body with a special led impregnated foam. I'll also blimp the lens turret and cushion as many solid parts with rubber as there is room for. After I'm done I'll make a sound proof barney to wrap around both camera and mags as well as have a silent crystal motor constructed. I can't say much else because I haven't had the chance to check out the noisiest parts of the Cameflex. It won't be noisless or easy, but I'm sure I'll get it silent enough for sync sound shooting.

Robert

From: EclairACL@topica.com
To: EclairACL@topica.com
Subject: Digest for EclairACL@topica.com, issue 96
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 04:07:13 -0800

-- Topica Digest --

	Re: Super 16mm and 35mm
	By wramsey@bju.edu

	RE: Super 16mm and 35mm
	By valexander@stan.csustan.edu

	RE: Super 16mm and 35mm
	By joshuatunick@hotmail.com

Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 09:56:35 -0500
From: "Wade Ramsey" <wramsey@bju.edu>
Subject: Re: Eclair ACL Super 16mm and 35mm

How are you going about silencing the Cameflex--a blimp? Seems like a formidable task to totally silence such a noisy camera. Doesn't seem like a barney would be that effective.

Wade Ramsey

<<< themoviehouse@hotmail.com 12/30  3:20a >>>
>... I'm currently rebuilding a Cameflex with my
engineer which will be totally silenced for sync sound....<

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 08:57:10 -0500
From: "Vic Alexander" <valexander@stan.csustan.edu>

The Cameflex silencer!

Well, if you can silence a Cameflex, you can do anything. It's even noisier
than an Arri 2c.

I knew a machinist who silenced the Mitchell without the blimp. He used
belts instead of gears.

Good luck, and do let us know.

Vic

Date: Sat,  5 Jan 2002 06:39:52 +0000
From: Joshua Tunick <joshuatunick@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Super 16mm and 35mm

As luck would have it I have a 10mm Schneider prime in an Arri standard
mount w/ front and rear caps that I've been meaning to put up on ebay.
I'd prefer to sell it to someone on the list if anyone is interested.
Contact me privitely.

Thanks,

Joshua

End of EclairACL@topica.com digest, issue 96