From: valexander@stan.csustan.edu
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:08:31 -0500
To: EclairACL@topica.com
Subject: RE: Re: Eclair ACL Super 16mm ACL indie feature

Yeah, I know.

I own one. :)

I would like it if we could get to the bottom of the issue of French ACL vs.
English ACL. I was told years and years ago, "Don't touch the English ACL,
it doesn't work." So naturally I asked a million times, "Is this the French
ACL?" before I bought mine. Recently I bought a 200 mag on eBay, which it
turns out is an English ACL mag. I don't know what the difference is to tell
you the truth. I haven't used it yet though.

If it's only the motor, then that's not a major problem. If one wants to
shoot 400 footers, then a stronger motor can be bought, but if it's
something with the film movement mechanism, then I feel there might be some
legitimate issues of concern.

Cordially

Vic