RE: Eclair ACL Rechargeable

Hi Joshua,
It should be positive to positive and negative to negative. Pin one on a 4 pin XLR connection is always negative and pin four should be positive.

To make sure you have proper polarity and current, I always recommend putting a multi-meter to anything you build before plugging it into a camera or a battery. Use Neutrik XLR connectors. They are the easiest connectors in the world to work with bar none. The worst connectors ever manufactured by God or man have got to be those little Jaeger connectors on older ACL's. Hands down the worst connectors of all time. I've got the scars to prove it!

Ray

Joshua Tunick wrote:
Hello all,

I'm trying to convert an Anton Bauer charger into one I can use with my homemade ACL batteries. I'm wiring a male 4-pin XLR cable to the wires for the Bauer mount. I know this can be done sucessfully because I've seen this done, but what I'm trying to figure out is this: do you connect positive to positive and negative to negative, or do you reverse
it because it's charging the battery?

I blew up a charger trying this - positive to postive, negative to negative, but it may have been a problem with the charger because when I
replaced the fuses it didn't come back to life.

I'm hoping one of you more electrically minded folks can help me - I'm now clueless.

Thanks,

Joshua Tunick