From: Wade Ramsey <wramsey@bju.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:12:06 -0500
To: EclairACL@topica.com
Subject: Re: Eclair ACL ACL Virgin

You really need to look at the aspect of how you are finishing the
film, because if you shoot Super 16 for film release in 16 you won't
have a projector that will show it without cropping out the added
area.  There are no Super 16 projectors that I know of, except some
that individuals have modified.

If you're finishing for TV you can crop the Super 16 to 3:4 in
transfer or use it widescreen, whichever.  If you are blowing up to
35mm widescreen you're good to go, also.

Wade K. Ramsey, DP
Dept. of Cinema & Video Production
Bob Jones University
Greenville, SC 29614

Stephenpipe@yahoo.co.uk 2/27/02 12:05:12 PM >>>
I am afraid this might all sound a bit naieve compared to the usual
technical chat. Now the thing is I have bought my standard  16 acl
and cannot decide if to attempt the first short on 16, or get it converted straight away to super 16. If I were to keep it as standard can I use Super 16 film in the camera, I might be able to get a bit for free. The other thing is,( and this will make me sound a bit simple) if I do use standard 16 is it core or spool? I am confused, I am need of advice but I am very keen to get shooting. Everything I have done up untill now was on my Leicina special, oh super 8 was so simple.

Thanks in advance Stephen