Re: Eclair ACL ACL basic questions

That's useful info about newer lens design. I think you are quite right that, say for a feature to be blown to 35mm, renting a set of newer Zeiss Primes would be a good idea since every degree of sharpness should be sought. For personal ownership for many types of applications, I do still feel that the Arri-Standards are incredibly sharp major-league lenses worth having (and are vastly more affordable). But I'm glad to know the differences --- thanks. Mark.