Re: Eclair ACL nice compact zoom for my ACL

----- Original Message -----
From: <connikurt@t-online.de>
To: <EclairACL@topica.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 5:13 PM
Subject: Eclair ACL nice compact zoom for my ACL

Hello!

I know there are a lot of different opinions out there, but I'll be
going to the biggest Super 8 and 16mm camera show in Germany this
weekend and I was wondering which compact zoom people would recommend.
It doesn't have to be the best glass ever made, but it should produce
good results and be as compact as possible. I have an adapter for the
Arri bayonet mount, but of course "c" mount would also be an option. Any
thoughts?

Thanks!

Kurt

The obvious choice in the reasonable category would be the Angenieux 9.5-57,
or the 12-120. Neither is particularly compact, but they are much better
than the Som Berthoits.

There is a finger-size compact Angenieux zoom, the 17-68, but it has light
fall-off at the edges. Still better than the Berthiots, it's very tiny.