Re: Eclair ACL nice compact zoom for my ACL

If you are just shooting for regular TV transfer (not Blowup to 35mm or HDTV), then the already mentioned Angie 4:1, 17 to 68, is hands down the smallest and smallest decent zoom that I've seen or used. And it will cover Super-16. It was made in both C-mount and Arri-S mount. It was also made in both the old silver casing, as well as the later black casing. Optics are supposedly the same, but the glass in a black casing will be less old. Cost ranges from $200-$500, depending on whether you get it from a private party (like eBay), or a dealer (who should guarantee collomation). When testing it, slowly run through the zoom and make sure it is smooth all the way. Make sure that the coatings are good (reflect light off the glass and make sure that there are no "spots", just an even purpleish tint). Also make sure that the focus barrel has no play in it. These lenses are old, and some may not be in as good mechanical shape as others. If the stop ring only has one scale, then this is F-stops --- subtract a half a stop to know the approxT-stop. M. PS-I think The Movie House now has one for sale.