Re: Eclair ACL Nikon 35d to 40 =70 to 140 in 16mm

Operator error.
15mm = 15mm regardless of format.
32mm = 32mm regardless of format.

However, 32mm on 35mm film has roughly the coverage of a 16mm lens on 16mm film.
Perhaps this fact is the source of confusion.
----- Original Message ----- From: Mercer Richards (Maui Net) To: EclairACL@topica.com Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 12:28 AM
 Subject: Re: Eclair ACL Nikon 35d to 40 =70 to 140 in 16mm

 Larry, I don't know the optical formula lingo. I tried the 15mm Nikor on a wall in Tahiti, marked it, then tried a 16mm cooke zoom and the corner marks lined up at 32mm on the Cooke.  Mercer
----- Original Message ----- From: shaktilarry@cs.com To: EclairACL@topica.com Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 5:31 PM
   Subject: Eclair ACL Nikon 35d to 40 =70 to 140 in 16mm

mercer, can you explain how the focal lengths of nikon 35mm lenses double? is this specific to any 35mm lens you want to use on a 16mm camera? If that is so, getting wide angle lenses seems really tough. Larry