Eclair ACL ACL zoom on Bolex Rex 4???

Hello!

Maybe something more for a Bolex forum but it is also ACL related. Yesterday I bought a mint condition Angenieux 17-68mm lens for my ACL. I got it for its compact size. I spoke to the dealer about using the lens on my Bolex Rex 4 and he said it would be no problem at all. He said that there is also an RX version of this same lens, but it was a marketing myth that you needed the RX version on the Bolex. Any thoughts on this? I know there is a lot of truth and some rumors out there about RX and non-RX primes, but what's the story on zoom lenses?

Thanks!!!

Kurt