RE: Eclair ACL 14.4 volts on ACL HD motor

I tested my ACL at 14.4v with the smaller, single speed motor. No problems detected. It actually helped the camera pull a 400' film load better.

Wade Ramsey was one of the first people to mention this subject. You might look in the ACL List archives and see if you can find his original posting. I forget what the top end rating was but it was something like 16 or 17 volts as specified by CP. He was using a Cinema Products converted motor, which is essentially a small motor that has been beefed up and given multiple speeds.

-Ray