RE: Eclair ACL Of Viewfinders and Burnt Out HD Motors

Robert Morein wrote:
As an owner of cameras with both kinds of viewfinders, this is definitely
not the case.
When I switched a camera from the Angenieux fully-orientable screw-on finder to the Kinoptic fully orientable screw-on type, I had to change the screw-on
type base from Angenieux to Kinoptic.

Otherwise, I would have screwed up :).

And yes, there is the base for the Angenieux non-orientable finder. That
makes three.

> cinesota@yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> > I was always under the impression that there were two viewfinder bases
> > for the ACL.  One is the base for the Angie non-orientable finder which
> > is permanently attached to the viewfinder neck.  The other is the base
> > for the Angie orientable finder and the Kinoptik finder, which features
> > the large silver lock ring connection that allows you to interchange
> > viewfinders.  I thought the NPR and the CP-16R both use this design same
> >
> > design.  Am I wrong?  Were there other finder bases for the ACL?  You
> > learn something new every day.
> >
> > Over and out,
> > Ray
> >

> Is this true? Can anybody clarify this statement for me?
>
>Phwew! Thanx for clarifying that for me Mark and Robert. I wuz gettin' >all screwed up!
> MDL

MDL