Re: Eclair ACL Burnt Out HD Motors

In a message dated 4/22/2002 12:33:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, super16acl@aol.com writes:

I e-mailed Jean Pierre at Aaton to ask about voltages with the ACL HD motor. He replied: "I must say I haven't the least idea... and no technical notes can be found in Aaton about these motors. Sorry not to be helpful."

George at OEH replied that with the Eclair HD motor, a battery giving 14.4 volts without a load (ie-tested when the camera isn't running) is OK, but if it tests circa 15.5 without a load (which a fully charged 14.4 volt battery will do) then he doesn't recommend it. So I guess using a 13.2 volt battery would be safer. (Just pull one cell out of a 14.4 to get 13.2). (-ugh-)