Re: Eclair ACL Angenieux 18-180mm

----- Original Message -----
From: "ian samels" <iansamels@hotmail.com>
To: <EclairACL@topica.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 6:08 PM
Subject: Eclair ACL Angenieux 18-180mm

Does anyone have  any info on the Angenieux 18-180mm zoom. I bought one in
stills mount off a german guy on ebay recently. He assures me it covers
half
frame, but I need to get it remounted before I can prove this. It's an
f/2.8. I ask because I have not encountered one before other than
Angenieux
zooms that were old TV zoom lenses and I'm hoping it wasn't made for that.

ian samels
Eclair Cameflex AND ACL owner

Don't know. But it might be better for 35mm than 16mm, because for a lens of
a given resolution, the larger negative will capture twice the information.

You can check coverage very easily. Just hold a white target in back of the
lens and look at the diameter of the projected image.