Eclair ACL Arri S adapter

I purchased an Arri S adapter for my ACL II, but am unable to get the arri lenses to "lock" in place. This is an original Arri S-ACL mount, which has the locator pin to properly align the mount on the camera body and 3 "prongs" inside the adapter. It would appear that these 3 prongs should "lock" the lens to prevent it from moving forward and falling off the mount. Currently the prongs are flush with the inner diameter of the mount. If these should somehow lock arri lenses, how are they activated?

TY