Re: Eclair ACL Burnt Out HD Motors

I received a note from the fellow who had two HD motors go south on him, in reply to my e-mail asking if it was 14 volts that caused the problem. His reply:

"... I cannot confirm that voltage was indeed the culprit. I lost them quite some time ago so I cannot actually remember the cause. It would seem to me that if indeed the voltage was the issue I would surely have lost the fuse before the motor."

A good point. Does anybody know what Eclair's "official" amp rating on the fuse is supposed to be for the 1.5 Base, and the II Base. For those of us running above 12 volts, this is an important concern. I have a 1.5 with a 7 amp fuse, and a II with an 8 amp fuse --- but for all I know someone may have just stuck these in 20 years ago. Mark.