Eclair Cameras: ACL Shopping

I am new to purchasing of a motion picture cameras, and have been looking at the Eclair ACL. I was wondering if anyone who is experienced could help me in the field of knowing what is a good purchase. I've been searching for awhile. My wants are Crystal controlled super 16mm. Prices are there, but is the ACL a good buy. I know they tend to be quieter, and lighter. But talk on English Mags pull easier on 400 foot, but easy burn out motors with high cost to replace, and constantly mags falling off. French and english models. One guy says french is better, next english. ACL 1, 1.5, & 2. One guys says that they are just 1 for english and 2 for french. To me they seem to be different models completly, 2 looking to be the best, but can't find. And Fixed shutter opening, has this been a problem for anyone. Some people say NPR is better, is this so (NPR looks very bulky) I would appreciate as much feed back as I can get. I appreciate your time.

Eclair ACL interest