Eclair Cameras: English Mags

From: "august loessberg" <jerdog@ou.edu>
To: <EclairACL@topica.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 9:46 AM
Subject: RE: Eclair Cameras: English 400' mags and 48fps...

Warren
The english mag was not designed for speeds faster than 48.  but it sounds
like your problem is easily reparable.  If your capstan and take up are

I disagree. I ran my English mags at 75 FPS. Perhaps they weren't designed for it, but I have done it. It has been a long time since I had an ACL though. The roller arm for Film take up is under a lot of tension. This is accessible through the feed side for adjustment. If I remember correctly.

--
Steven Gladstone
Cinematographer - Gladstone Films