From: Ian  <i_turpen@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 11:52:42 -0700
To: EclairACL@topica.com
Subject: Re: Eclair Cameras: T-max versus 7245

If you wanted to retain more silver, you could bleach bypass the B&W print
or use a scalable process to skip 50% of the bleach, which would give you
better blacks and more contrast.

I've never read of anyone doing this with B&W.

Alpha Cine in Seattle doesn't charge a set-up fee for this, but they don't
offer a scalable process.

When I was the Head Processor at Bono Film in Virginia, we processed some
Nike commercials that were shot on Optical Soundtrack Filmstock which was
high contrast and low ASA, but wasn't as extreme as Hi-Con or Kodalith.

I always liked the look of Black & White Reversal compared to Negative which
always looked milkier to me.

I think anything shot with more lights at a lower ASA rating is always going
to look richer and more resemble technicolor, except for the color dyes they
used.

-Ian