From: "Michael Welle" <mwelle@starband.net>
To: <EclairACL@topica.com>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 3:10 PM
Subject: RE: Eclair Cameras: ACL 1.5 motor vs. 2 motor

I suppose that when I am inching the knob, it allows (as you say) the
claws to find the sprocket holes, thus eliminating the noise I would
have otherwise heard had I not inched it properly.  In other words,
maybe when the sprocket holes are engaged correctly that is when I hear
the least noise coming from my camera.

Anyway, I've run a lot of film through my camera, and I haven't had any
problems with it.  I'll be sending it off to get overhauled in the near
future anyway.

Thanks

Warren Yeager wrote:
> Don't know why that would be.....the manuel says to load the mag and
> then
> inch the knob until the claws find the sprocket holes....after that, to
> my
> understanding, the motor just turns 'round and 'round and if it has self
> parking....stops with the shutter closed and the mirror in
> place.....could
> you motor be out of alignment?
>
> Warren Yeager, SOC
> www.warrenyeager.com